Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Wish List

Okay, so we are learning with chemo that you never really know what to expect. Shea's taste buds are going crazy and she doesn't ever feel like eating a lot, so we are constantly trying to find bite-sized pieces of different foods to tempt her palate. Things she likes so far; pepperoni pizza, rice, potatoes (spell check put an e in here....is that right or am I crazy thinking that is wrong?), chicken, Fiji water, grape juice, some kinds of cranberry juices, blue Gatorade (the something freeze....I can't remember the name) and bananas. That's it. So, we are going to talk to a nutritionist on the Friday that we head to Huntsman so that we can get the biggest bang for our nutritional buck. Shea still has a bunch of pain in her shoulder and she feels like it is getting more difficult to take so many pills since her throat feels sore and tender, but overall she is doing well. She looks really good today, and she has been able to be more active. She and Kelton did a few errands today, so she did spend some time away from the house. She has mentioned that she loves having everyone come and visit her, but she gets tired very quickly and is too nice to say "scram"....so as the dragon mother, I will say it for her. We love each and every one of you, but we have to worry about Shea's stamina....so please, please, please limit your visit with her to a half hour. If she can handle more, she will invite you to stay longer. If you want to visit with the rest of the family, that can be different, but for now we need to enforce the half hour rule. (all of those half hours add up really, really fast). I hope I didn't sound rude, or upset anyone, but I'm sorry....I'll try to make it up to you when Shea is up to snuff. I have also had several people ask me if we would start an account for Shea so that they can donate and help out. I went to America First Credit Union today and opened a charitable account for Shea to help with the infusions and the trips to Huntsman. It is under her name, Anna Liston and the account number is 9046327. Thank you in advance for your support....you wouldn't believe how fast Fuji water adds up haha. The family is doing well, but I think I am in my "anger, followed by tears, followed by frustration, back to anger" state of mind. It is frustrating to not know how to help, but watching a child struggle. I am trying to always look for the funny things in life, and I have a great support group around me, so I know I'll pull through okay....I'm just not real happy about being on this journey at the moment. I feel dumb and weak when I watch Shea handle herself so well and I'm just a complaining woosie (how do you spell that word? No spell check for that one), but there you have it....I ramble and I'm a woose (wuss, wous, woss....? and I suck at spelling) Okay, so here is what we need.....Shea would like some magazines to read or some books of Sudoku (which she loves), a couple books on tape would be nice, a wheel chair that we can borrow for impromptu rides around the block and help with the Fiji water fund. I want jokes, funny stories, smiles and a miracle....I'll take whatever you and the Lord can send. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeneanne and Shea.

    The restrictions you said are valid. I've heard from others that visiting, although nice, can be very tiring. So don't feel bad about imposing those restrictions.

    I hope she can get the pain under control.

    I love your sense of humor. That will help a lot in her battle with cancer. I use humor with my health battles too.

    I can help you with the grape juice and cranberry juice.

    The infusion rooms have a cart that contains books that Shea can borrow.

    Shea and your family continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you want something funny here goes. You know Bailee and how sweet and cute she is. Well...the other day she is in the kitchen making herself a sandwich' Isaac yells for her to bring him some chips. Her reply, "no dad, I'm not that girl"!!
    He got up and got his own chips. Can you believe her. I hope that brought a smile. I have been laughing since I heard it. I want to be her! I love you guys. I am going to put together a pacjkage. Calling tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to make sure before I posted something on Facebook, but I wanted all my friends to be able to read this amazing story and about you and your family's amazing strength through this ordeal. I was also hoping if any of my friends were searching for charitable places to donate money they would think of you guys. Would that be okay for me to post on Facebook and my blog? Love you guys and thinking of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Shea and her Sister at the salon I work at..I had the pleasure of Coloring Shea's hair for her, so I got to visit with her and her sisiter Caroline for awhile. They are 2 of the most sweetest girls. When Shea came in to cut her hair off short we learned of her cancer and Did my heart ever break! Im praying for your family! your in my thoughts Daily! and Im soo sorry this has happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys...you are all so sweet. We are pretty open about what we are going through and we love to hear comments and support from everyone...even if we don't know them personally...so Heidi and anyone else...feel free to post away...it's okay. Thanks and we love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeneanne & Shea,

    We love you guys and are praying for you. Watch your mailbox I ordered some sudoku books to be shipped to you.

    Blessings,
    Crista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Crista...we got them today! Thank you so very much! They are awesome. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are welcome! Watch the mail again- a book on cd is headed your way! Its one by my favorite author Mary Higgins Clark!

    Love you guys!
    Crista

    ReplyDelete