Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What a Wonderful World

Okay...so I have to admit it I didn't post yesterday because I truly hit a wall. A big wall. The day started out okay...I took care of a few pressing matters and cruised into work. I was feeling on top of the world...calm inside, full of hope, faith and energy. I even had a 32 oz water bottle with me, full and ready to go...that was a first. In other words, I had the bull by the horns. I made it to my desk, set the bottle down and began to catch up on what the game plan for the day was. That's when I noticed that my water bottle had tipped over and everything on my desk was soaked through. The day went downhill from there. In 11 years of working for the school district, I have never spilled a Diet Coke or a Mountain Dew all over my desk, so I have decided that it was a cosmic-karma kind of thing telling me that water is evil and caffeine is good. So by the time I got home, the wall was looming....aerobics with the young women, and it was staring me in the face, so it was nice that the majority of the family was glued to the TV in Shea's room watching Tron. I knew I could take a fast bath and sneak up into bed before they knew what hit them. That would leave Kelt to take out the dog, get her kenneled, do all the last minute family things and then get Nick into bed without me. I felt a little bit guilty, but not enough to make me stop giggling like a fool when I jumped under the covers and started to sleep. I actually woke up with a smile on my face. Shea went and did a daring thing today...she went and got a new haircut. As soon as I can take a decent picture of it, I will post it so that you can see it. I think it is absolutely adorable and it makes her eyes 'pop'. We will go to the Huntsman tomorrow for some preliminary stuff and then over to the Moran Eye Center for some help there...possibly glasses. For those who don't know, Shea has 3rd cranial nerve palsy which affects her ability to focus her eyes, especially when she is sick and tired (that phrase always reminds me of my mom...."I am sick and tired of blah blah blah...you fill in the blank) So, it all boils down to a little excursion out tomorrow. I hope Mother Nature cooperates and gives us some sunshine!! I have had so many offers to sew for my Shea that I am overwhelmed with your generosity! We are so excited to get them done. We also enjoy reading your posts, even though I am so lazy I haven't responded. I apologize and I will try to do way better. Hopefully, Shea will be able to do the things she wants to do tomorrow. In between DR. visits, she is hoping on finding a new pair of comfy shoes. Isn't that great?!!!! Shoe shopping is amaaazing, but shoe shopping with a daughter is de beeeeest (Nacho Libre accent). I look at my beautiful daughter, the rest of my gorgeous family, friends, co-workers (or co-slackers? nah that's just me haha), the wonderful city I live in, the temple that is being built, the excitement of shoe shopping etc. etc. etc and I think to myself What a Wonderful World (Thank you Louis....I couldn't have sung it any better )

6 comments:

  1. I just found out today about Shea’s cancer. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I think it is wonderful how positive you all are about this experience.  I wouldn’t expect anything different from Shea! If you need anything please let me know and just get a hold of my on my facebook account. Could I get an address to send a card and a little something else for Shea? That would be wonderful! 
    My thoughts and prayers.
    Jaci Keller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent & Holly RasmussenApril 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

    Shea and Liston Family,
    On the eve of your first chemo we just wanted to wish you the best! You are continually in our prayers and we are hoping for the best you can get! Good luck and here's to beating the crap out of cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok shea, kick some cancer trash with this new chemo!!! good luck to you all, we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just left this quote on facebook...
    "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford
    thought of you and how you don't let something get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys!! That is so sweet! Jaci, our address is 142 S. 100 E. Brigham City, Utah 84302

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 sisters that live in Perry. They are my "adopted" sisters. LOL

    ReplyDelete