Friday, September 28, 2012

Help Sweeten the Deal

I recently was in a fun little shop in Tremonton getting cupcakes.  I had heard that the cupcakes they have there are  fabulous (the salted caramel ones are to die for....chocolate cake and then a whipped caramel flavored icing with caramel drizzled over the top), so of course, I hot-footed it over there to see for myself.  While I was ordering, a friend noticed a book on a nearby table.  It was one of those new-age horoscope type books that go off of your birthday.  Imagine my surprise when I read my day and realized that for better or for worse, it totally nailed the basics of my personality.  It stated that asking for help was very difficult for me and my "mantra" should be "I will always ask for whatever I need".  I HATE having to ask for help in any way, shape or form...so the book was telling the truth. I appreciate so deeply everything that is done in my behalf, but I can't hardly bring myself to ask for it.  So......here I am not only asking for help, but begging for it.
We have been in touch with the Dream Foundation (Dreamfoundation.org) and they are going to help us fulfill Shea's bucket list trip to Hawaii. I am asking everyone to help get the word out.  We have to fund raise a significant portion of this trip.  One of  best ways to help is to donate air miles.  It doesn't matter how many you have to give....even a few add up. It doesn't matter what airline the miles are for...the Foundation can get them to all work in Shea's favor.  We need approximately 240,000 air miles or the equivalent to make this a "go".  If you go to the website, it explains what to do. Look under Donate and a form will pop up with options. Just be sure to put the name Anna Shea Liston in the box where it asks who the donation is for.  Please pass on this information to family, friends, neighbors......anyone who can help me get the word out.  Anyone who knows Shea can tell you that she is a wonderful, delightful and beautiful woman....inside and out.  She is so excited at the possibility of getting to Hawaii....it has been fun to watch her spirits begin to lift and a big smile come back to her face.  We have already been recipients of gifts of such love and magnitude, that this whole experience for us is like the icing on the cake....but it is a very special and important part of the cake for Shea.  Her very own Salted Caramel, if you will.....

3 comments:

  1. I just looked at the site. It appears you can donate money as well. Either from a paypal account or a debit/credit card. Are you looking for monetary donations as well. Will you please post again and elaborate on that. I would love to donate but don't have air miles to give :)

    Thanks, Love you
    Crista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crista, let me clarify.....Money is always fabulously helpful! Anything that is donated will go toward Shea....I guess I focused on air miles because I usually have around 100 of them sitting around doing nothing until they expire.....but now that I know that I can donate them, I was pretty excited about that......truthfully, anything....great or small is so appreciated!! Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Perfect. I was able to donate through that site and it was EASY!!

      Hope to help Shea get on her way to HAWAII

      God bless you guys,
      Crista

      Delete